Sunday, April 10, 2011
Blog Assignment #10
Morgan BaydaI really enjoyed reading this post, because I like so many other college students can not pay attention in class. Even for the students who do manage to pay close attention during two hour lectures, it is so difficult to retain that much information. So for us college students who doze off during lectures, we can not expect our students to stay awake if our class is just as boring. I want my class room to be the one that the students think of as fun. I want my students to learn and be successful, but I also want them to enjoy their time in my classroom. As for Dan Brown I agree that standardized testing can harm a students education. Growing up I can not tell you how many times I heard my mother complain that I was only learning what was going to be on those tests and nothing else. When you have a test that determines wether or not you will keep your job as a new teacher, you do what ever it takes to make sure your students make good grades on it. Today teachers spend so much time teaching what will be on those tests, that little other is covered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want my students to think of my classroom as fun as well, but only because their lines of work a fun have been blurred by their incomparable efforts to achieve. I think that when an individual invests in their work, it becomes fun-- I hope to help my students realize this by making their work purposeful.
ReplyDelete