Adia, in Mrs. Yollis's 3rd grade classAdia is blogging about her day learning about Japan. She was taught how to make sushi, was able to try on an authentic japanese Kimono dress and leaned several things about their culture. She also learned so very interesting facts about Japanese women and their hair. They pull their hair back tightly at night so the following morning they do not have to brush it, a big time saver. Also the hairpiece that many japanese women wear can double as a weapon. It has sharp edges on purpose, so in case of danger the women are able to protect themselves.
Family Blogging Month is Mrs. Yollis' Class I think that family blogging month was a great idea. It really gets the parents involved and shows them what all their child is learning. Also the parents were blogging during this time, it is fun for a child to be able to do things with their parents.
Talent Show: Mr. Neal For the talent show Mr. Neal played the guitar and sang. It was a very good performance. I enjoyed watching it, he is very talented.
Room 8 at Melville Int School The video that I watched on this blog was about the schools sports teams. The video was great and very professional. It highlighted many of the good plays and looked like it took a good amount of time to put together. They have several sports teams at this school, and i have never heard of several of the sports until I visited this blog. One of the unknown sports looked a lot like soccer, except they could touch the ball with their hands. The also have a lacrosse team, which I found interesting. Because in this area you usually only see lacrosse offered at the college level.
No comments:
Post a Comment